Clear vinyl is a flexible and durable plastic material available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses (i.e., gauges). It is used for its transparent quality, which allows users to see through to the other side. The level of optical clarity may vary from one brand to the next and may worsen or improve with thinner or thicker gauges, respectively. Compared to other types of materials, clear vinyl offers a variety of benefits that make it suitable for use in a wide range of applications.
Adams Plastics is a premier supplier of plastic materials, including clear vinyl. Our Prime Cristal Clear Vinyl is a high-quality, Prop 65-compliant material that finds application across a diverse set of industries.
Benefits of Clear Plastic Vinyl
When used in industrial applications, clear vinyl offers several advantages, including:
- Flexibility. Clear vinyl is highly flexible and can be shaped according to the needs of the particular application.
- Durability. Clear vinyl can withstand tough environmental and operating conditions, such as extreme temperatures.
- Moisture resistance and waterproof properties. A clear vinyl layer can guard equipment and systems against the accumulation of water and other liquids.
- Optical clarity. Thick vinyl gauges offer exceptional see-through properties for applications in which visibility is a high priority.
- UV resistance. Clear vinyl windows can block harmful UV rays from entering into the enclosure.
- Easy maintenance. The vast majority of clear vinyl products require little to no maintenance.
- Versatility. Clear vinyl is suitable for use in a wide range of applications. For instance, clear vinyl can be used to protect furniture in storage, appliances, and other pieces of machinery.
What is Clear Vinyl Used For?
The applications of clear vinyl span across a variety of industries, particularly in ones where clarity and/or visibility is of the utmost importance. From mom and pop shops to large industrial corporations (such as canvas suppliers and enclosure manufacturers), industry professionals use clear vinyl for a variety of industrial and consumer goods.
For example, Prime Cristal Clear Vinyl is often used in the following:
- Marine/boat enclosures. Boat windshields, boat windows, and dodgers all require a material that offers visibility and durability.
- Golf cart covers/enclosures. Golf cart drivers need to see where they are going. At the same time, a clear vinyl enclosure allows for greater comfort and protection against stray balls.
- Tent/yurt windows. Clear vinyl windows allow campers to enjoy a view in comfort without letting in bugs or rain.
- Restaurant/home patio enclosures. Clear vinyl screens help to keep out the cold or heat, allowing patrons and homeowners to enjoy a view without having to worry about being uncomfortable.
- Cleanrooms. The moisture-resistant properties of clear vinyl make it highly suitable for cleanroom applications.
Partner With Adams Plastics for High-Quality Clear Vinyl Fabric
Clear vinyl is an ideal material for applications requiring visibility, as well as flexibility and durability. With over 50 years of experience providing plastics, Adams Plastics has the expertise needed to provide high-quality vinyl material that meets every customer’s needs.