Imitation leather is one of the best materials for upholstery and is used in a variety of applications across diverse industries. Also known as faux leather, pleather, synthetic leather, or vegan leather, imitation leather is commonly manufactured from polyurethane, PVC, or vegetable oils. While it has a slew of benefits on its own, artificial leather fabrics also retain many of the benefits of real leather, offering a more humane and cost-effect alternative.
Benefits of Imitation Leather Over Natural Leather
Imitation leather maintains many similarities to natural leather, including its quality and textured feel. In addition to these similarities, imitation leather has several other benefits, including:
- Affordable. Imitation leather is much more cost-effective than natural leather, offering an affordable option with the same high-end appearance.
- Cruelty Free. Imitation leather is manufactured in a factory; therefore, animals are not harmed during its production.
- Low Maintenance. Imitation leather is stain-free and easy to clean, and it also resists cracking, fading, and becoming stiff.
- Durability. Imitation leather resists cracking and other abrasions, making it a long-lasting material suitable for household upholstery and furniture that is used frequently.
- More Variety. Since imitation leather is man-made, it is available in a variety of finishes, textures, embossing, and colors.
- Uniformity. As opposed to natural leather, imitation leather allows all pieces of a product to look the same.
- Ease of Manufacturing. Imitation leather is easy to cut and sew, making it easier to make a variety of items from it.
Faux Leather Upholstery Fabric
Due to its various benefits, faux leather is an ideal upholstery fabric. There are two main types of faux leather upholstery fabric, including:
- Polyurethane (PU) Leather. PU leather is a completely artificial and vegan material made of polyurethane, which is a plastic material that has similar texture and appearance of natural leather.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Leather. PVC leather is a durable and easy to maintain plastic fabric. PVC leather fabric was the first kind of imitation leather created, and became popular for its strength and resistance to weather.
The various features and advantages of faux leather upholstery fabric make it ideal for applications in a wide range of industries, including marine, food and hospitality, automotive, furniture, and more.
Contact the Imitation Leather Suppliers at Adams Plastic
Imitation leather fabrics are a versatile and cost-effective choice for many applications. At Adams Plastics, we offer imitation leather for use in a variety of products, including:
- Spa and hot tub covers
- Grill covers
- Pool and billiard covers
- Outdoor furniture
- Bar stool covers
- Western boots
- Bank bags
- Case goods
- Food delivery bags
- And more!
As an industry leader and expert supplier of imitation leather, Adams Plastics ensures high quality products to suit the needs of any application. Our experience and commitment to customer satisfaction makes us the ideal partner for your faux leather needs. To learn more about us, or to get started on your imitation leather solution, contact us, request a sample, or request a quote today.