Types of Vinyl: Properties, Composition, and Industrial Applications
The Benefits of Clear PVC Vinyl for Drainage BagsLeave a Comment
PVC is a vinyl material built for durable products that fit the needs and requirements of a range of industries, including:
- Coated fabrics production
- Healthcare and medical
In the medical and healthcare industries, drainage bags are commonly made from PVC due to its biocompatibility and durability.
Adams Plastics delivers clear PVC vinyl for medical applications to meet the growing demands of the industry. Keep reading to learn more about the types of drainage bags used in the medical industry and the benefits of choosing clear PVC vinyl from our company.
What Are Vinyl Drainage Bags?
Vinyl drainage bags are used throughout the medical field to hold urine and other fluids. Having versatile options and access to different types of vinyl drainage bags allows patients, caretakers, and medical staff to choose the best fit for different circumstances.
While larger bags are designed to last overnight or during daily shifts in a hospital, smaller mobile bags should generally be emptied two or three times a day. The bags themselves are built to last for a month with proper cleaning and care. They’re constructed from durable vinyl that’s easy to clean and inspect for problems.
What Are the Types of Drainage Bags?
Multiple different styles and sizes of drainage bags exist to give users as much flexibility and comfort as possible. A few of the most popular types of bags are vinyl urinary leg, bed drainage bags, and hospital/surgical drainage bags.
- Leg Drainage Bag: These are built for daytime use and people who lead an active lifestyle. They can be comfortably concealed under skirts or pants while securely holding urine. Each bag pairs with elastic straps that hold the bag in place against a wearer’s low inner thigh. These bags are durable, but small for easier wear and concealment. They will need to be monitored and emptied more frequently.
- Bedside Drainage Bag: These larger drainage bags are built to hang on a hook at the user’s bedside. They hold a greater volume of urine throughout the night.
- Healthcare/Surgical Drainage Bag: These PVC bags are often used in surgical applications to hold fluids in a sterile environment and provide easy fluid level monitoring abilities to the surgical staff.
Why Use Vinyl for Drainage Bags?
Just like it’s important to choose the right design and style, it’s important to choose the best-fit material. Vinyl is tough, durable, and resistant to physical and chemical damage. Users can easily clean it without causing damage. The vinyl is also transparent, which allows users and caretakers to determine when it needs to be emptied, if urine is indicating signs of a greater health problem, or if the bag is developing mold. Vinyl is an excellent choice for mobile users, patients receiving at-home care, and patients who are restricted to hospital beds during surgeries and other treatments.
How Does a Drainage Bag Help a Patient?
Fluids accumulating at the wound site can negatively interfere with the wound’s ability to heal. Drainage bags are designed to help prevent this outcome. They may function by using the force of gravity, known as passive or gravity drains, or they could be connected to a larger system that creates suction to move the fluid into the bag or bottle, known as vacuum drains.
Aerosol drainage bags are a type of drainage bag that is specifically designed to prevent accumulated liquid and condensation from reaching patients’ airways during nebulizer treatment.
Additionally, patients who have a catheter installed in their bladder need a portable option for hygienically containing and disposing of urine throughout the day and night. Such drainage bags are a convenient option that users can discreetly wear on their person or hang nearby while still having little to no interruption to their day.
Lastly, surgical bags allow medical professionals to easily dispense vital medications and keep patients hydrated during procedures. These bags are intended to assist users with:
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary retention
- Fluid Buildup Prevention
- Gentle Wound Drainage In Sensitive Tissue
- Comfort during surgical procedures and other healthcare applications
Why Choose Adams Plastics for Your Vinyl Films and Clear PVC Vinyl
Clear PVC vinyl from Adams Plastics is a strong, flexible material that can be used to create discrete, conveniently shaped, and sized bags. The material is also cost-effective, mitigates the risk of infection, and can be used for single-use applications. Since sterilization is so important for medical devices, PVC is particularly useful because it can be cleaned and sterilized through radiation, the application of ethylene oxide, and steam cleaning.
Place Your Clear PVC Vinyl Order Today
Clear PVC vinyl is an easy choice for hygienic drainage bags for daytime, nighttime, and surgical use. Contact us at Adams Plastics today to request a quote and start your order.
Applications of Vinyl Plastic for Industrial CurtainsLeave a Comment
At Adams Plastics Inc, a PVC film supplier for numerous industries, we focus on providing our clients with numerous vinyl options and colors suitable for use in many end-use applications, including industrial curtains. Vinyl curtains are very popular with industrial and commercial businesses as they offer an easy and inexpensive option to improve the work environment.
Applications of Industrial Curtains
Industrial curtains can divide warehouses, manufacturing facilities, or any workspace to environmentally separate one area from another. They help to create a more comfortable, safe and organized working condition. Industrial curtains provide users with a high-quality, durable, custom-made wall or divider that has specific advantages, such as increased visibility with clear vision panels, noise reduction, and environmental control of dust and temperature, creating a cleaner, safer, and more comfortable work area. Industrial curtains can also lead to significant savings on energy costs.
Properties and Compositions of Industrial Curtains
Industrial curtains are often fabricated using clear vinyl and weld screen tints as stocked by Adams Plastics. Fabricators add grommets, snaps, weighted hems, and other custom options to best meet the needs of the applications. Curtains can be wall-mounted or ceiling suspended as a sliding curtain with a roller track, a roll-up/drop-down configuration, or even a free-standing screen or fixed wall. Our team at Adams Plastics, Inc, provides the materials to create these industrial curtains and partitions.
The versatility of industrial curtains has allowed many industries to adopt them for the following applications:
- Auto body shop bays
- Cleanroom dividers
- Cold storage curtains
- Containment or overspray curtains for spraypaint, sandblasting, sparks, smoke, or humidity
- COVID-19 partitions
- Curtains for industrial showers
- Hazmat or flex room curtains
- Loading docks
- Outdoor industrial curtains
- Outdoor restaurant enclosures
- Plane partitions
- Room or machining dividers
- Warehouse walls and dividers
- Woodworking curtains
What Are Industrial Vinyl Curtains?
Vinyl curtains are an ideal, inexpensive solution for companies wishing to separate spaces for quieter work or privacy, for temperature management, or to simply divide different areas of equipment. They allow facilities to easily create divided areas in warehouses, cold storage facilities, flex buildings, data centers, and other industrial buildings, but with the option of utilizing clear vinyl to maintain sight lines. Vinyl curtains are typically composed of durable yet lightweight material that, unlike some fabrics, will resist moisture and oils.
What Are the Benefits of Vinyl for Industrial Curtains?
Manufacturers use vinyl for industrial curtains to imbue their products with many advantages. At Adams Plastics Inc, we provide the materials to create these industrial curtains. These curtains can:
- Avoid contamination. Creating a wall with vinyl curtains allows the user to avert cross-contamination and restrict contaminants to one segment of a workspace.
- Control temperatures and improve air quality. Vinyl curtains are especially beneficial in temperature-controlled environments. Cold storage curtains act as a solid barrier at entryways to minimize air loss to maintain a certain temperature, and vinyl curtains in entryways are highly effective at minimizing the loss of energy brought by escaping heat or cold. Manufacturers also sell insulated curtains for enhanced climate-control capabilities.
- Create an alterable division of space. Unlike brick walls, vinyl curtains are highly flexible and versatile, allowing the user to better manage a space through equipment rearranging or process separation. Users can easily move them around as needed, or even store them when they are not in use.
- Clean easily. Users can clean vinyl curtains easily, sterilize them, or even have manufacturers add an antimicrobial coating. This is useful in facilities processing sensitive products. Also, this cleanability aids in the maintenance of these curtains throughout multiple uses.
- Control pests. Industrial vinyl curtains are too heavy for pests such as insects to penetrate.
- Decrease noise. Vinyl barriers cut down on noise pollution, providing sound insulation from the noise that workers or equipment produce within segments of an open workroom or manufacturing area.
- Increase visibility and worker safety. Vinyl curtains can provide transparent partitioning that allows workers to see through them to other employees and equipment. Particularly in industrial applications, unobstructed sight lines are important for managers to monitor workplace safety.
- Optimize facility space. Vinyl industrial curtains allow facilities to use their space efficiently without having to structurally modify the building. Users can install them to create smaller or more private work areas or retract them to create a larger space.
- Reduce costs. Vinyl curtains are cheaper than other partitioning alternatives like walls or panels, and users can reuse them in different locations. In addition to energy savings, transparent vinyl curtains also allow light through, which saves money that would otherwise be allocated for additional lighting. Also, vinyl curtains may be recyclable.
Vinyl Plastic From Adams Plastics Inc.
A leading supplier of PVC film, laminate, imitation leather, and more, Adams Plastics is committed to offering our clients high-quality, customized plastics along with superior customer service to fulfill all their vinyl and recycling needs. To find out more about our product line, contact us or request a quote today.